This recipe is for those of you who are bored with regular banana breads and need something new to suprise your family. All flavours go well together and yields fantastic, kind of exotic taste! Pieces of fruits and nuts add crunchines too. You can choose nuts whatever you like and substitute guava fruits with apples or pears.
Rum Banana Bread with Guava and Nuts
Size of the pan around 9×5″
2 cups all-purpose flour
⅓ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup sugar
½ cup butter
100 g chopped guava (around 4-5 guava fruits without seeds)
55 g chopped pecans or walnuts (~⅓ cup)
2 ripe bananas
1-2 tsp rum flavour
1 tsp vanilla flavour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
optional: 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Grease and flour botton of a loafpan, set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir together melted butter, mashed bananas, eggs, rum, vanilla flavour and guava fruits. Add to dry ingredients.
- Bake at 350 F for around 40-50 min or unitl a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- I bought guava fruits in Walmart.
- For those of you who avoid dairy, please substitute butter and milk for vegan options.